And the proofing copy of my new book has finally arrived!
As many of you know, I love working on books, especially those for children, and two years ago, to get a taste of how it is to work in a publishing house, I set up my own!
It is a hobby business and a true labour of love – which also gives a lot of love back :)
I can finally announce Natural World Publishing’s new book, and thank the incredible contributors who made this project a reality!!
Ten amazing writers and nine amazing illustrators believed in this project when I invited them to participate, and together, over the last 1.5 years, we’ve created a wonderful book.
’Wild Wonders, an anthology of short nature stories for children’ is a timeless collection of heartwarming tales that both children and adults will cherish.
The amazing writers are (in order of appearance in the book):
Muireann Ní Chíobháin,
E. R. Murray,
Apart from myself, the artists and illustrators who enriched this book are (in order of appearance in the book):
Big, special thank you also goes to Sarah Webb for her captivating introduction, and Pádraic Fogarty (Irish Wildlife Trust) for the thoughtful postface, which add an extra layer of depth to this beautiful anthology.
Massive thank you to the @artscouncilireland who helped financially with this book. #ArtsCouncilSupported
The book launch will take place on the 6th of November 2023 in The Gutter Bookshop in Dublin, Ireland. Please join us if you're around.
10% of the profits from the sales of the book will be donated to the Irish Wildlife Trust, and the remaining 90% will be reinvested in the creation of a new book.
'This is a gorgeous gem of a book that casts a warm, kindly gaze on the ordinary miracles of the natural world.'
Sara Keating, Children's Book Reviewer, The Irish Times
'This beautiful anthology will instil in children a love and appreciation of the nature that surrounds us in our everyday lives.'
Trish Hennessy, Halfway up the Stairs Children's Bookshop, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland